Sunday, May 28, 2023 / by John Salkowski
Tips to help you buy your dream home contingent on selling your old house.
How do you buy a home when you need to sell yours at the same time? If you have a home to sell and want to buy a new one, here are the top three tips for success:
1. Come in at the asking price. While many people prefer not to pay over asking, paying the asking price is necessary if you want a competitive offer with a contingent home sale. Additionally, consider shortening your contingency periods, such as the home inspection and mortgage contingency.
"Find a true professional who is experienced in this type of negotiation."
2. Consider covering the seller’s state transfer tax. With a big contingency like a home sale, you need to sweeten the deal and make your offer more appealing. There are numerous competitive offers above asking price, so consider paying the seller's state transfer tax, which is usually 1% of the price for the home, and be flexible with closing. ...
Monday, May 15, 2023 / by John Salkowski
You need to hear this announcement for a successful move to Florida.
I have a big announcement to share with everyone who may be moving to Florida. Trust, honesty, and loyalty are crucial when selling or buying your home because it is one of your largest financial and emotional transactions. Being in Florida periodically over the wintertime and contacting contractors that I need for my home and/or Realtors, I have to tell you that you need to be careful who you do business with.
Not everyone is fiduciary, which is the highest form of care that someone can give to you in any profession. So if you are thinking of relocating to the Florida area, please reach out to me first. If you do not have someone down there that you trust, it's very important that you make financially astute decisions when doing this.
Florida is a different state. It's different from Pennsylvania. There are different rules and laws and regulations, but I will tell you this: The w ...
Tuesday, May 2, 2023 / by John Salkowski
Here’s what you need to know about the state of our housing market.
What’s going on in our housing market? Today, I want to briefly update you on the latest housing news from our area.
Before we discuss the state of the real estate market, I would like to acknowledge our sponsor, Dan Evans from Northstar Mortgage, who can help with pre-qualification, pre-approval, or refinancing. His information is available on the screen at 0:12 in the video.
Now, back to our market. Currently, inventory in the market is very low, while the demand from buyers remains high. For instance, we showed some homes to our buyers over the weekend, but they did not select them. However, the agents informed us that they received multiple offers, with the highest being 37 offers as high as $50,000 over the asking price.
If you or someone you know is considering selling their home but is unsure, please reach out to me for a free consultation. I can ...
Friday, April 14, 2023 / by John Salkowski
The three areas that inspectors typically check during home inspections.
Do you know what things a home inspector looks for when they visit a property? Home inspectors will investigate every nook and cranny from the foundation to the roof to find anything that might affect the property’s value. Here are the main things that they will check:
1. Roof. Inspectors look for leaks, damaged or missing shingles, and moss growth. They also look for any problems with the flashing, gutters, vents, attic ventilation, and skylights, if your home has them. Make sure everything is watertight to avoid any major issues.
2. Structure. The foundation of the home should be solid and be able to stand the test of time. The inspector will usually check for cracks in the foundation or water damage to the siding or supports.
3. Utilities. The HVAC, filtration, plumbing, and electrical systems will all be thoroughly inspected to make sure they are all working ...
Friday, March 31, 2023 / by John Salkowski
The five most compelling reasons why you should sell your home now.
Selling your home can be a daunting task, especially in a constantly fluctuating market. However, now may be the best time to take the plunge and put your home on the market. Here are the top five reasons why:
1. High demand from buyers. There are currently more buyers than sellers in the real estate market. This means that homes are receiving multiple offers, driving up demand and prices. As a seller, you have an advantage in this market because you can negotiate favorable terms and pricing.
2. Increasing home prices. Home prices have been increasing year over year, and this trend is expected to continue. By selling now, you can maximize your investment and take advantage of the high demand from buyers.
3. Waiving of contingencies. To be competitive in a market with multiple offers, buyers are waiving contingencies. This means that they are willing to forgo cert ...