Sunday, December 3, 2023 / by John Salkowski
These are the three proven ways to get huge savings and slash your rates.
When it comes to buying a home or financing a major purchase, one of the most critical factors to consider is the interest rate on your loan—it can significantly impact your mortgage and your monthly payments. Fortunately, there are several strategies that buyers can employ to lower their interest rates and save money in the long run. Here are the three best ways buyers can reduce their interest rates:
1. Improve your credit score. Your credit score is a key factor that lenders use to determine the interest rate on your loan. The higher your credit score, the lower the interest rate you're likely to secure. To improve your credit score, focus on paying your bills on time, reduce your debt, check your credit report for errors, and avoid unnecessary credit applications.
2. Shop around for lenders. Not all lenders offer the same interest rates, and their terms and condit ...
Thursday, November 16, 2023 / by John Salkowski
This year and every year, we’re thankful for you in our lives.
The 2023 holiday season has officially begun! We hope you are as excited as we are.
We’d like to take a moment to express our gratitude to all of you this Thanksgiving. We have met some truly wonderful people, and we’re proud to have helped so many reach their real estate goals over the years. We wouldn’t be where we are today without all of your support.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner—that’s what we plan to do!
In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any real estate questions. We would be happy to help you.
Happy Thanksgiving! ...
Monday, November 6, 2023 / by John Salkowski
Three challenges you’ll need to overcome when listing in the winter market.
What are the challenges of listing in the winter market, and how do you overcome them? Selling your home during the winter months can be a bit more challenging than in the warmer seasons. Here are three key obstacles to keep in mind and how you can expertly navigate them:
1. Curb appeal. In the winter, the exterior of your home might not look as vibrant as it does in spring or summer. To address this, ensure that your home's entrance is well-lit, and consider adding some seasonal decorations on your front door or the lawn.
2. Limited daylight hours. As the days get shorter, it can be challenging to showcase your property in natural light. Make sure that all exterior lights are functioning and bright. If needed, use brighter bulbs to enhance visibility.
3. Potential weather delays. If your home is under contract and a home inspection is scheduled, adverse weathe ...
Thursday, October 19, 2023 / by John Salkowski
Discover the incredible journey of a homeowner
Have you ever wondered what happens when someone falls behind on their mortgage payments and faces the looming threat of foreclosure? In this heartwarming success story, we share the journey of one of our past clients who found themselves in a financial crisis but managed to turn things around with our assistance, ultimately selling their home before foreclosure and securing $8,000 in their pocket.
Several months ago, this client reached out to us, burdened by financial difficulties stemming from a lack of work and health issues within their family. As a result, they had fallen behind on their mortgage payments, and their situation had become increasingly dire.
When we first spoke with our client, we discovered that they were nearly 12 months behind on their mortgage, a point at which foreclosure proceedings typically begin. Their home, which held so many cherished memories, was perilously close to b ...
Saturday, October 7, 2023 / by John Salkowski
Here’s what you need to know about trying to time this market.
If you're contemplating whether to buy a home now or wait, it's important to consider the current circumstances. Yes, interest rates are relatively high compared to what we're accustomed to, and I anticipate they may rise further before they stabilize. Here's my advice:
I firmly believe in not delaying wealth-building opportunities. Purchasing a home sooner rather than later should be a top priority in your wealth-building strategy. While interest rates are elevated, remaining proactive in your pre-approval process is crucial. We routinely update pre-approvals for our buyers every four to five weeks because as interest rates climb, your buying power diminishes. Staying informed about your financial position and budget is key.
Additionally, I want to emphasize that attempting to time the market for a potential interest rate decrease is not advisable. Timing the market is notoriously ...